Sunday, February 28, 2010

NEW THINGS

NEW VAN! I have yet to tell the "blogging world" that we did end up having to purchase a new van after the accident. We bought it at the end of January, so we've had it for a month already. We made the deal over the phone while we were on the way to Indianapolis. Lee had gone to look at it one evening and we purchased it without me ever seeing it. I trust Lee when it comes to picking out vehicles, so this was not a problem for me. I do love it! It's a Dodge Grand Caravan and it drives so smooth. One thing that it has, that I didn't realize that I would love so much, but I do, is the doors that you can open and close with just the touch of a button. It's amazing, really! When I've got a car seat on one arm and Tyler's hand in my other hand, it makes it hard to close a door. Now all I have to do is push the button and it closes all on it's own! It's great and makes me very happy! Tyler loves the van, of course, because of the DVD player. It has stow 'n go seating, which we have had to use once already. It's a great van and I'm happy with our purchase! I just took this picture tonight, so sorry you can't see it very well.
NEW TV! About a month ago, we realized that our TV needed a new bulb put in. Lee had contacted Geek Squad at Best Buy and they were going to take care of it for us, because it was still under warranty. Great! We got a call 2 weeks ago saying that the bulb was on back order and was going to be awhile, so we could either wait for it, or they would let us pick out a new TV that is comparable to the one we have and they would "exchange" it. Of course Lee chose the option to get a brand new TV. So, on Valentine's Day, we took our 50" TV with us in the back of the van to Best Buy in Ankeny. They found a couple TV's that we could choose from, all Lee had to do was make up his mind. It was between a couple TV's that they had in stock at the store there, in Ankeny, or a 60" TV that they had at the Ames store. 60"! A 10" upgrade and still a high quality TV. So, we were on our way to Ames to pick up the 60" new TV. In order to fit this huge TV box into our van, our seats had to be put away. First time using the stow 'n go--very easy, by the way! We now have an even bigger TV in our living room. Again, very happy with our "free" purchase! Didn't get a picture taken of this one, but you can imagine!

NEW DOUBLE STROLLER! I have been wanting a double stroller since last August when Brady first came into this world! My mom spent the weekend with us this weekend and was wonderful enough to get this for us--THANK YOU SO MUCH, MOM! We were in Des Moines on Saturday for Brady's 6 month pictures, so stopped by Babies R Us to check out strollers. This was the first one that I looked at and I love it! Tyler loves it and can't wait for the weather to get warmer! I had to put the boys in it and walk around the house. Tyler didn't want to get out--he loves walks so much! I cannot wait to take this and my boys out on walks soon! Tyler's peeking through the "window" and notice that all Brady wants to do is get his hands on Tyler!
TYLER'S 3RD AND FINAL CARSEAT! While we were at Babies R Us, we decided to look at carseats, because Tyler has outgrown the one he's in now. We got him an awesome 3 in 1 booster seat. It now is a 5 pt. harness car seat, which is just like what he's always been in. When he grows out of the harness, you can use this seat with just the van seatbelt, and when he gets extra big, you can take the back off of the seat and you will just have the bottom booster to use with the van seatbelt. Thank goodness we have finally boughten our last carseat for Tyler! And luckily, Brady can use all of Tyler's old ones!

No comments: