Thursday, July 29, 2010

NEW NIGHT LIGHT

Tyler had been waking up anywhere between 6:15 and 6:45 everyday. For him, this is pretty early. When I look through my parenting magazines, I rip out any pages that I think have good information or products on them and I keep them in a file. I had remembered a night light that I had seen. I went to my file, found the article, and ordered the product-Good Nite Lite. It is an awesome night light that you set timers on. One timer for the night light to show the moon (we have named him Mooney) and one to have the moon change to sunshine (the name of our sun is just that, Sunshine). We are very creative when it comes to naming things around here! We have Mooney set to shine his blue moon at 7:40 p.m. That way, when Tyler comes up for his bath, he knows that it's time for bed. It's night night time!
Sunshine shines at 7:00 a.m. Tyler knows that he cannot get out of bed or leave his bedroom until Sunshine is awake. Then he can say, "good morning, Sunshine!" and is able to leave his bedroom.

This is an amazing invention and has been wonderful for us! The first morning we set the sunshine timer for 6:45 a.m. Tyler came out of his room at 6:50 and was so excited to see Sunshine. I'm pretty sure he sat there and stared at it for that 5 minutes before he came out of his room.

The second morning and from then on, the sunshine timer has been set for 7:00 a.m. Every morning he is just as excited as the last to see his Sunshine!

If you are interested in this product, go to goodnitelite.com

It is $35, but totally worth it! Not only does it give you a few extra minutes in the morning, but Tyler has been coming out of his room well rested and happy instead of lack of sleep and grumpy!

No comments: