Monday, August 9, 2010

IOWA

Here is our backyard. Year after year, they rotate corn with beans. We've got a picture two years ago, when Tyler was a baby, in front of the corn, so I guess I've made it a tradition. We took this picture on Sunday, which was an incredibly hot day! I think that if you really zoomed in on us, you could see the sweat beads on all of our faces. Needless to say, Lee was not the happiest with me that I made him step out of the house and air condition to take this picture. Also, I'm not sure if I'm shrinking, but I am looking extremely short in this picture compared to Lee and the corn!

I love the "sights" of Iowa. Lee knows that when we drive to my Grandma Kriz's that I would rather take the "back rodes" to see rural Iowa than to hop on the interstate. I love to look at the fields, barns, silos, old farm houses. I enjoy the peacefulness of it all. To me, it's beautiful.

So, to sit on my couch in my living room and stare out the window at a corn field in our backyard is great!

Soon enough, the fields will all be turning golden and light brown and will look even more great! I am so ready for fall, but that's another post!

As for now, happy summer!

No comments: