Saturday, April 9, 2011

A NEW 'FIRST' FOR TYLER

Tyler was invited to his first birthday party!

We have friends in town that we spend time with and they have a boy, Caden, who just turned 3 yesterday. For his birthday he wanted for only Tyler to come over to his house, watch movies, and have a pajama party! It was planned that I would also come over with Brady and would hang out with Mandy while the boys played, but with Brady being sick, the plans had changed.

When I picked Tyler up from daycare, I had to ask him if it was okay that he stayed at the party by himself while I had to be home with Brady. He said he was fine with that and that he was so excited for the party. We came home and Tyler was running around the house with excitement for the party. I was sure that he would be fine at their house without me, but was still a little worried since this was his first time being at a 'friends' house, besides daycare, without me. I was also a little saddened that I couldn't have watched the two of them play!

So, we headed over to the party and I dropped Tyler off at his first birthday party, with gifts in hand. I walked him in, gave him a kiss, and he was ready to play! Of course, the wish of watching movies, didn't actually happen. After they had their pizza, the two boys played and played, with Caden's new gifts. Mandy, Caden's mom, dropped Tyler back off at home, since Brady was already in bed. He came in with a party favor bag and was just so excited about the whole night!

I am always so happy to see the happiness on Tyler and Brady's faces. Last night, the happiness on Tyler's face was wonderful to watch! He had such a great night with his buddy!

WOW! He's really growing up!

No comments: