Wow! I must say that I am excited that it is now Halloween Night and I can sit and love that all of these past few crazy days are now over. As it was very fun and exciting, it seems as though Halloween has gotten to be almost as bad as Christmas and is drawn out in multiple events! With our Halloween festivities starting last Friday, it's been a very busy past 6 days full of sugar and fun! We had a great time and the kids enjoyed every single second of it!
TRUNK OR TREAT
Friday, October 26th
We started off our Halloween festivities with Trunk or Treat at our church on Friday night. It was just the boys and I, as Lee was still at work. The boys looked great in their costumes and were filled with excitement for the evening. Tyler's costume is Bumblebee the Transformer and Brady is IronMan.
On the way to our first Trick-or-Treat event.
Trunk-or-Treat at church.
Inside church they have games and crafts. We met some of our close friends at the church and enjoyed the evening! Tyler got some Vampire teeth as a prize after playing a game.
The tradition is to dump out all the candy on the living room floor to check out all of the goods. While they each got to choose one thing to eat, I snapped a couple of good pictures!
NIGHT EYES
Saturday, October 27th
We took the kids to Night Eyes at Blank Park Zoo on Saturday night to do another round of Trick-or-Treating. This was our first time going to the Zoo for Halloween. The boys had a great time seeing the animals as they were also getting candy!
First person they see when we walk into the zoo is Spiderman! (and Batman) They were so excited!
They also had a great time playing at the park in the zoo.
The Camel Ride. This was Brady's first time riding a camel, but Tyler has done it a couple times before. The guy leading the camel said that 'by the time that Mom was out of eye sight, Brady started to cry.' So, pretty much, Brady cried the whole ride. Tyler on the other hand had a great time!
Brady was a little bummed after the camel ride, so we cheered him up by playing peek-a-boo with this seal. It was very cute! The seal would go under water and pop back up to see Brady!
Our Family at Night Eyes 2012
PUMPKIN CARVING
Sunday, October 28th
Lee did some great, traditional, pumpkin carving to create our Jack-o-lanterns for our front porch.
My mom came in to town for Saturday night and Sunday. I peeled her away from the boys on Sunday to go into Des Moines with me to do some shopping for Tyler's birthday and even got some Christmas presents. It was a wonderful shopping day with Mom!
TRICK-OR-TREAT NIGHT
Tuesday, October 30
The morning of "Trick-or-Treat Night." Before heading out in the morning, the boys were very excited for the day! Thank you, Grandma Mary, for finding these awesome shirts at Von Maur!
Before leaving the house for work/daycare Tuesday morning, I packed drinks, snacks, Halloween costumes, and buckets, so that I could pick the kids up from Daycare and head to The Square downtown to do our first trick-or-treating for the night. Tyler had his Halloween Party at school on Tuesday as well, so he was pretty much in his costume the entire day. I picked the boys up by 4:00, got them changed into their costumes at daycare, and the boys and I headed to the square to do some trick-or-treating.
After trick-or-treating on the square, we headed home for dinner, waited for Lee to get home from work, and then headed out again to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood. We got to take Cali with us this time!
I had the three of them stop for a quick photo.
Throughout this night, there were tears, tears, and more tears! They were so tired it seemed that every little thing caused tears and a dramatic situation. I think that we were all glad when we made it through the neighborhood and back home to go to bed!
These were our bowls of candy before we added in the candy from the actual trick-or-treat night! Pretty sure Lee will be taking a good percentage of that candy to work.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Wednesday, October 31st
Wickedly Handsome Boys!
Again, very excited for the day!
With all of the trick-or-treating done, we have to think of other ways to make the actual day special.
They started off the day with a ghost shaped breakfast and monster mouth apples. They took Monster Mouth Apples for snack to Daycare. They got Mummy Dogs for dinner and they both were wickedly handsome all day long!
And we can't forget about our little princess, Cali. She also wore her cute little outfit for Halloween Trick-or-Treating.
Have I said lately how much I love my job and love the people I work with?! Well, I do. And I love that every year, we come up with a theme for all of us to dress up for Halloween. This year, since our theme at school for the year is 'A Sea of Success', we went with the Gilligan's Island Cast for Halloween. I went as The Movie Star; we had the Millionaire and His Wife, Skipper, The Professor, Mary Ann, and Gilligan. It was so much fun!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!




























No comments:
Post a Comment