Tuesday, April 7, 2015

EASTER FUN!

Easter weekend began for us on Thursday afternoon when Lee’s parents and grandparents arrived at our house for the weekend.  We spent time outside in the beautiful weather on Thursday afternoon and grilled out for dinner.  Friday was a little chilly, so we went ‘fish bowling’ at Bass Pro Shop.  While we were there, we noticed that the Easter Bunny was there, so the boys got their picture taken with him.  Friday afternoon Tyler started to not feel well and ended up getting sick at bedtime Friday night, through Friday night, and still didn’t feel good Saturday morning.  We were planning to go to Living History Farms on Saturday morning, but with Tyler being sick and sleeping most of the morning on Saturday, we stayed home and lounged.  Saturday afternoon the boys played outside and we dyed Easter Eggs.  Sunday we went to church and then lounged some more at home.  We enjoyed each other’s company and enjoyed playing cards.  We were so glad that Lee’s grandparents could make their first trip to our house and spend the weekend with us!

DSC_0811

A couple pictures of the boys coloring their eggs.

DSC_0812

DSC_0816

The Easter Bunny left the boys plenty!  They each got…a Wubble bubble, a double water gun, baseball batting gloves, bubble wand, chalk, swimming pool football, candy, candy, and more candy.

DSC_0818

DSC_0820

DSC_0822

DSC_0824

They were, of course, up by 6:30 and ready to tear downstairs to get a peek into their baskets!

DSC_0827

DSC_0830

After they went through their baskets, they went on an Easter Egg Hunt in the house.  The Easter Bunny hid some eggs in the house and later I hid some eggs outside.

DSC_0837

The Easter Bunny left them a card as well.

DSC_0839

Checking out the goods.

DSC_0840

DSC_0844

Brady wearing his Wubble Bubble as a hat before it had gotten blown up.

DSC_0847

Wubble Bubbles!

DSC_0849

DSC_0851

Since it was such a nice day, I wanted the kids to have an Egg Hunt outside as well, so I hid some around the backyard.  They had so much fun trying to find them all!

DSC_0852

DSC_0865

DSC_0866

DSC_0869

DSC_0870

DSC_0875

DSC_0878

Our handsome boys after church.

DSC_0883

Easter family picture, 2015

DSC_0892

DSC_0893

The boys with their bubble wands.

DSC_0900

DSC_0903

Oh, they are too cute!

DSC_0905

DSC_0914

Easter Bunny picture at Bass Pro.  They may not have been dressed for the occasion, but the picture still turned out pretty cute!

  DSC_0918   DSC_0920

Darcey’s Lenten Promise: I promise to exercise Every Day to help me be healthier and better for my family.

Brady’s Lenten Promise: I promise to not eat sweet to make my body healthier.

                                        DSC_0921   DSC_0922

Tyler’s Lenten Promise:  I promise to not eat sweets to make my body healthier.

Lee’s Lenten Promise: I promise to not play games on my phone so I can spend more time with my beautiful family.

DSC_0923

DSC_0924

Here’s the kids’ Easter artwork that they had brought home from school.

DSC_0927

Tyler’s Easter card to us:

To Mom: Happy Easter!  I love you.  You are the best.  I love you.

To Dad: I hope you catch up on Harry Potter.  I am on Chap. 12.  Happy Easter.  I love you.

No comments: