Well, I'm still here, but very tired. The first night without Lee went a little like this...
Brady had an awesome night! He went every 3 1/2 hours for feedings, which is a welcomed improvement from every 3 hrs. I was up with Brady at his 5:00 AM feeding, and had him all wrapped up and ready to give him just a little more milk before I put him down and I hear Tyler open his door and yell for Dad at 5:30. Shoot! I put Brady in his crib and head over to Tyler's room. I got Tyler back in bed and blankies on, told him 'night, night' and left the room. To me it sounded like he would stay in bed and go back to sleep, so I went back over to Brady's room. I fed Brady a little more milk, got rid of his hiccups, and then laid him down to sleep. Just as I walked back into our bedroom, Tyler swings his door open again and yells for Mom. Now, I'm not happy with him. I lay him back down and start walking away and he starts the screaming, crying, fit! I leave the room and sit in the hallway on the other side of his door, because I know that he will walk over to the door and try to open it. When he tries to open the door, I pull it tight so he can't open it. He screams and I hear him run back and forth from his bed to the door, each time trying to open the door. Finally, I hear him lay down. I go back to my bed at about 6:15. I'm thinking that I have about 15 minutes where I can rest and possibly fall asleep. Wrong! 6:20 Tyler opens his door again. This time, I stay in bed and let him scream and cry at his gate until 6:30. It's a good thing Brady is so young and can sleep through anything! I go to Tyler's room at 6:30 and make him lay down in bed with me for 15 minutes until I allow him to get up for the day. With Brady still asleep in his crib and not needing another feeding until 8-ish, Tyler and I go downstairs for breakfast and watch Disney and play. Now with Tyler being up since 5:30 this morning, Lee just got home from work at 9:45 and drove Tyler straight out to daycare. Now it's time for me to catch up on some rest while Tyler's gone and Brady's sleeping!
No comments:
Post a Comment