Sunday, February 13, 2011

HUSBAND AND WIFE WEEKEND PROJECT

Lee and I took on a project this weekend. We "made" new countertops and they turned out awesome! It all started on Friday night after the boys went to bed with putting the base coat on the countertops. Saturday morning I took the boys to my mom's. They got to have their first "slumber party" at Grandma's house. There was just no way that this countertop project could have gotten done with the boys in the house, so we arranged it so that they could stay at Grandma's for 24 hours. This was the first time that they have stayed somewhere without Lee or I with them. They did great, as expected. I however, made plenty of phone calls to my mom to check up on them. Having them 1 hour away and just for one night, was enough for me!

It also turned out that this was Valentine's weekend, so Lee and I got to enjoy a great night out last night for dinner and then went home to watch a movie. We also enjoyed a solid night of sleep and slept in until 7:30 this morning!

Anyway, here's some before and after pictures of our countertops.


BEFORE
AFTER
We used a "kit" called Giani. There are 5 steps to get great looking "granite" countertops. We are very happy with how they turned out.

No comments: