{This collage was forgotten and is supposed to be shown later in the post, but I thought it was too cute to not show. This was the fun we had on Sunday doing Tyler's treasure hunt. Walk the Plank was pretty fun!}This all started with him wanting a pirate themed party. We also decided that we would add a party this year and we invited 3 of his friends over to help him celebrate. So, out went the pirate invitations and my mind has been pretty much pirate focused for the past few weeks.
Saturday evening was his 'friend party.' The boys arrived at 4:30 and we began our treasure hunt. I had clues rolled into clear bottles (thanks to Lee for drinking some Smirnoff!) that the boys had to find around the house. At each bottle and with each clue there was an obstacle that the boys had to complete. The first obstacle was to get the boys looking like pirates, so we added tattoos, mustache, beard, eye patch, and bandana to their attire. We also had them talking 'pirate.' They then had to head to the basement to jump the islands, as a crew, to get to Tyler's Neverland Beach for the next clue. The next obstacle was in Tyler's bedroom, where they had to throw gold into a treasure chest, and then into the living room to walk the plank blindfolded without falling into the "water." The last clue sent them underneath the kitchen table, where they found 'X' marks the spot and a chest full of gold and gold candy! After the treasure hunt, they played for awhile and then ate some pizza, cake, and ice cream. After dinner, Tyler opened up his presents from his friends. We then took them down to the basement to dance, wear off some 3 and 4 year old energy, and to just kill time! :) After that got a bit out of hand, we headed back upstairs for a story, How I Became a Pirate, to calm them down a bit before being picked up by their mom's. Overall, I would have to say that Tyler's first 'friend party' was a HUGE success! Tyler (and Brady), and Tyler's friends had so much fun! And Lee and I were exhausted! Sunday morning started yet another party! Grandma Mary had actually arrived during the party Saturday evening and Grandpa Freese, Uncle Josh and Liz arrived Sunday morning. We played and did the treasure hunt again. I would have to say that the hunt might have been a bit more fun when it was done with adults! Especially walking the plank blindfolded! We ate some lunch, cake, and ice cream, and then opened presents. Tyler got some pretty cool things! We also went outside and played with his new soccer ball and goal. He loved running around and kicking that soccer ball into the goal!
Monday, November 14th, 2011--Tyler's actual 4th Birthday! I had kind of forgotten about 'b-day cupcakes' this time around, until Tyler asked me Saturday night in bed. "What about my birthday cupcakes, Mom?" I replied with, "I didn't really think about those. What would you like." Tyler said, "What we always have for birthday cupcakes, Mom. The one's with the oreo's on the inside." Of course, I have made these cupcakes for all birthdays since they have turned one, so don't know why I was surprised when he asked about them! So, Sunday night, I made cupcakes for his birthday on Monday. He took some to daycare and then had them again Monday night for his birthday. The only thing that Tyler wanted for his birthday was a REAL fire truck. Well, as we all know, that is impossible, so Lee and I surprised Tyler (and Brady) with a trip to the Fire Station after work on Monday. He knew there was a surprise for him and he was so excited the entire day! When we walked into the station we were greeted by the Fire Marshall who gave both boys a plastic Fire Helmet, stickers, and tattoos. He then gave us a tour of the Fire Trucks, Fire House, and the Ambulances. Tyler got to sit in the BIGGEST fire truck, blew the horn, and had turned on the sirens and lights! Both Tyler and Brady got to go up onto another fire truck to see all the buttons and where they would use a fire hose on top of the truck. Tyler got to hold another fire hose and put a fireman's jacket on. This was a great afternoon at the fire station and Tyler was very surprised and felt very lucky that he was able to do all that he did!
Happy 4th Birthday, Tyler! We love you very much!
Saturday evening. Tyler and his friends. Tyler, Brady, Ian, Caden, and Micah.
Monday afternoon at the fire station.
Saturday afternoon. Tyler and I went to pick up his cake. We got back home an hour before his party. He sat at the counter and stared at his cake until his friends arrived. When I asked Tyler the favorite part of his day on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, he always answered with, "Blowing out my candles and eating my cake." He absolutely loves the attention when getting sung 'happy birthday' to. He also really loved his pirate cake and his birthday cupcakes.
Saturday evening. Tyler and his friends. Tyler, Brady, Ian, Caden, and Micah.
Monday afternoon at the fire station.
Saturday afternoon. Tyler and I went to pick up his cake. We got back home an hour before his party. He sat at the counter and stared at his cake until his friends arrived. When I asked Tyler the favorite part of his day on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, he always answered with, "Blowing out my candles and eating my cake." He absolutely loves the attention when getting sung 'happy birthday' to. He also really loved his pirate cake and his birthday cupcakes.
The boys doing their treasure hunt. "Jumping the Islands."
Walking the plank and then finding the treasure under the table. 









No comments:
Post a Comment