Sunday, January 8, 2012

BEDTIME CONVERSATIONS

Tyler loves to talk after we read stories at bedtime.  I usually have to cut him off and tell him that he needs to start resting.  However, these conversations at bedtime are great, smart, and one of my favorite parts of the day.  A little background for tonight's conversation.  Tyler can't stop thinking about the Monster Trucks from yesterday's event.  During the event there were two "transformer" trucks that came out and put on a little show.  One was the "good guy" and the other the "bad."  They came 'apart' like transformers do and ended up being really tall, with one looking somewhat like a person and the other like a dog.  They both talked with robot like voices, made loud noises, and shot fire.  Both Tyler and Brady thought these trucks were really cool!  So, tonight's conversation went a little like this...

Tyler: What are you going to dream about mom?  (A question we ask each other every night.)
Mom: Well, I'm pretty tired tonight, Tyler, so I probably won't dream much.
Tyler:  You have to dream, Mom.  What are you going to dream about?
Mom:  Kisses.  (Refering to a book that we read at night that tells us to dream of "kisses times ten."
Tyler: I'm going to dream about all of the Monster Trucks and the Transformer Trucks.
Mom: Those will be good dreams, Tyler.
Tyler: Mom, where do you think those Transformer Trucks are from?
Mom: I don't know, Tyler.
Tyler:  Maybe from...Mercury, or Earth, or Saturn?
Mom: Yeah, maybe!
Tyler:  Where do you think they're from, Mom?
Mom: Probably Earth.
Tyler:  I think that the red one is from Mercury, because it's hot and that one is red.....and the white one is from where it's cold.
Mom: Yep, that's probably right, Bud.  Maybe the white one is from Neptune.  That's where it's cold.
Tyler:  Neptune.

I'm sure after I left the room he continued to think of those Transformer Trucks, Monster Trucks, and will have dreams about them tonight!  He is such a smart little kid!  And I absolutely love that I get to have conversations like these with him every single night at bedtime!  I love you so much, Tyler!

Did he really just turn only 4? 

No comments: