Friday, January 27, 2012

CONGRATS, LEE!

I think that it was about last year at this time, that I put a post on the blog to congratulate Lee on a new job position.  Well, he has now got himself another new position, which has also been a promotion!  He has really moved himself up with the company and I am so very proud of him! 
He now, for the first time in 6 years, is home with me until 7:00 a.m. on the weekdays!  This part of the job has been fantastic!  Since Tyler was born, over 4 years ago, I have always been home alone in the mornings to get the kids ready and off to daycare and myself ready for work.  Lee has always been out of the house by 6:00 a.m., if not earlier.  So, this new morning time has really been quite a treat and I have really enjoyed our new routine in the mornings!  However, he used to be home from work, on a typical day, by 4:30 p.m.  This was always wonderful, as I was able to finish dinner while he played with the boys and then we would all be able to sit down at the table and enjoy dinner and conversation together.  That 4:30 time, has unfortunately, gotten later.  We don't expect Lee home now until at least 6:00.  This means that it's just the kids and I for dinner.  I have been finding myself feeding the kids at the table and then, while I clean up the kitchen and do the dishes, I'm also eating my dinner.  I really miss our family dinner time!  The kids are always so hungry by 5:00 or 5:30 that pushing back dinner to wait for Lee isn't in our near future. 
BUT, I do know that I am very happy that he has gotten this promotion!  Lee has worked really hard to get the position.  As I am writing this, at 6:20 on a Friday night, he is not home yet.  But, when he does get home, he will have finished his first full week at his new position without his "trainer!"  Good Job, Lee! 

CONGRATULATIONS!  WE LOVE YOU!  DARCEY, TYLER, BRADY, & CALI     

No comments: