Friday, July 27, 2012

2012 OLYMPIC GAMES

We put on Olympic Games for the kids today in honor of the 2012 Summer Olympics.  We thought it would be a great way for the kids to get excited for the Olympics.
There were a total of 21 little athletes that participated in many sports, created crafts, and had a whole lot of fun!  There were 3 different age groups of kids.  I volunteered to do all stations and move with my kids since they were in the same age group, so that I could see them participate in all the events.  This meant I, along with some help, was given 7 little 2, 3, and 4 year-olds for the day!  Brady was the youngest that participated in all events!  They ended the festivities with smiles, gold medals, olive wreaths, and many great memories. 
(The mom's ended the festivities needing a nap!)
Here are tons of pictures of the day.
 I made my kids Olympic shirts last night.  They love them!
Here they are after they had "registered".  When they registered, they received a "bib" with their name and number, a bottle of water, and a flag.
 My athletes.
 While we were waiting for everyone to arrive, Mandy stalled by asking the kids some Olympic facts.


 Opening Ceremonies.  The kids paraded the cul-de-sac to Olympic music.
 Opening Ceremonies.

TRACK AND FIELD
 Above, Tyler running the Relay Race with the torch and below is Brady.

 Crab Walk Relay was interesting with this age group!  They had no idea! 
 Brady's tongue out to concentrate, of course!
 Brady and Camryn.  Cute!
Camryn hung with us for just a couple of the track and field events, but then I think she realized that she was the only girl with all these boys and she turned away.  I don't blame her!  :)
 The Long Jump event.

 Javelin Throw.

CRAFTS
 Tyler made rings and a T-shirt.  Both Tyler and Brady made placemats and torches.

GYMNASTICS
 Balance Beam
 Hula Hoops
 These 2, 3, and 4 year old boys loved the ribbon dancing!
 Brady even chose to do a somersault during his ribbon dance.
 A few minutes to relax and just play on the playground.

 Time for lunch.

 These are the red, white, and blue rice krispie treats that I made.
 I also made them some red, white, and blue kabobs with strawberries, blueberries, and marshmallows.

SOCCER/OBSTACLE COURSE
 Soccer Relay Race.  Both boys did awesome at this!

Obstacle Course
 Tyler going through the tunnel during the obstacle course.
 Brady doing his 5 jumping jacks during the obstacle course.  Oh my gosh!  So cute!  I love watching little ones do jumping jacks!
 Brady jumping the hurdles.

Water Sponge Relay Race
 The point of this relay was to see who could fill the bucket the most by getting their sponges full of water from the big tub and then squeezing it out in the bucket.  This group really enjoyed this race!

 Waiting for the closing ceremonies to begin.
 Good Job, Tyler!
 And Good Job, Brady!
 Good Job, Kids!  You all did Awesome!
And to top off the day...
a Bomb Pop!
When we got home this afternoon, I was lucky enough to have both of the kids nap.
When Tyler woke up from nap, he quickly put everything back on from the day.  He wore it all night and I'm sure will be wanting to wear most of it again tomorrow!

What a wonderful day for the kids!

No comments: