Friday, December 17, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS, MATT AND LAURA!

Matt and Laura had a beautiful winter wonderland wedding on Saturday.

The hour of 2:00-3:00 on Saturday was the most hectic hour of our entire weekend. My mom, Michelle, and I were all trying to get ready for the wedding, which started at 3:00. We also had to get the boys fed and dressed. My mom was ready and working on getting Tyler fed. Michelle and I were getting ready. Tyler starts throwing up at 2:15. Gross! And my heart sank! First off, I hate it when my kids are sick. Second, is he going to be able to walk down the aisle or even go to the wedding??? We had to call housekeeping to come and clean up the carpet. I still had to iron my dress. We were supposed to be leaving on the shuttle at 2:30! Ha! Not happening! Tyler started to feel better. We left our room and got to where the shuttle was supposed to be, but we saw no shuttle. We waited for a few minutes and I was sure that we were going to be late, therefore, the boys not walking down the aisle, or they were all going to be waiting for us to get there. Finally the shuttle arrived to take us to the church. I think we walked in right at 3:00. Brady was carried by Grandma Eula and Tyler walked down the aisle with Grandpa Reynolds. Tyler did great sitting through the ceremony, while Brady played out in the lobby. I just couldn't believe that we made it there on time!
Matt and Laura Reynolds with the groomsmen.
Once again, our attempt at a family picture. The boys weren't having it! Tyler was upset and Brady was extremely tired!
Lee and myself.
This was on the shuttle to the church.
Brady with Grandma Eula.
Tyler ready to walk down with Grandpa Reynolds.
The best part of the night for the boys was dancing. They were dancing to the background music once we walked into the reception. Tyler actually got upset when they had to turn the music off for speeches, etc.
Brady on the dance floor as happy as can be.
Tyler's got some pretty humorous moves!



See this little girl in the polka dot dress. When neither Lee or I were looking, apparently, Brady pushed her down. Whoops!
Well, we were supposed to leave to drive back home on Sunday morning. However, when I sat down to watch the weather on Sunday morning, I sat and cried. I realized, that we weren't going anywhere! Blizzard Aiden (yes, they named it) hit Saturday night and all day Sunday. It was terrible! All flights were cancelled, so we were among others from the wedding group to stay another day at the hotel. We ended up leaving Monday morning and still had pretty nasty roads. It took us an hour longer on the way down than what it did on the way up, but we got home safely and that's all that matters! I'm pretty sure if it would have been me driving, it would have taken us 3 hrs. longer to get home! So, thank you to Lee for getting us all home safely!
I think that Brady was the most excited out of all of us when we got home on Monday night. He was so happy, running around and laughing when he walked in the door. He hadn't been quite himself all weekend. I was so excited to see him back to his normal self!
We had a great time with Lee's family. Congratulations to Matt and Laura!
To my mom and Michelle, we really couldn't have done this without you! Thank you for all you did! I know you must have gotten sick of staring at our hotel room walls for 5 days while the boys slept! Thank god for those senior citizen novels, right?! :)

No comments: