Sunday, March 27, 2011

SPRING BREAK

I had "spring break" this past week. We had 3 days off instead of a whole week, but it's still better than nothing and it was much needed after the hours that are put in for conferences in the days before! On Tuesday we got a call from daycare that Tyler had a high fever. Lee went to pick the boys up, since I had conferences all evening. Tyler actually had a fever Monday night as well. His fever ended up lasting until about Thursday. And then Brady got it! So, my plans of taking the boys to daycare on Wednesday, so that I could have a day at home to get some things accomplished, was not the way it turned out. I kept the boys home with me on Wednesday and then we drove to Iowa City to Grandma Mary's on Wednesday afternoon. My mom and I took care of two sick little boys all day on Thursday and then Tyler was starting to feel better by Friday, finally! However, Brady was not. I had planned to stay at my mom's until Saturday morning, but with them being so sick, we went home Friday after dinner so that they could hopefully get a good night sleep in their own beds. While the boys took their naps on Thursday, I ran out to the mall to do some shopping. I'm pretty sure that it's been well over a year that I have been out to the mall by myself to do some shopping for myself! It only lasted about an hour and a half, but it was still so much fun! I knew that I needed to get back home to those sick boys! On Friday, since Tyler was feeling better, my mom was able to take him out to the mall to play in the playground, ride the carousel, and ride some other rides. He had a great time and enjoyed some alone time with Grandma. I stayed back and took care of little Brady. It wasn't the best spring break I have ever had, but I am glad that I had my mom's help to take care of both of them while they were sick and I'm glad that I already had work off to be home with them!
First night at Grandma's. They were both feeling pretty well in the bathtub. However, both of them were up in the night with fevers.

While the medicine was doing what it's supposed to do, Brady was a joy! He was having a blast playing "boo" behind the curtains. One sick little boy. Eating a popsicle to make his throat feel better.
Another sick little boy. Laying on mom with a high fever.
But once that fever is gone, he's back to being Brady! While Grandma and Tyler were out at the mall, Brady and I were playing "boo". He was hiding in the bathroom and I would come "find him" by throwing the door open. He thought it was quite funny!

He also spent much time with Grandma's buttons. He would take the buttons out of the basket, drop them in between the table and the wall....
And then bend down to pick them up and do it all again!

No comments: