Saturday, August 27, 2011

ANOTHER BUSY WEEKEND

AUGUST 19-21
FRIDAY NIGHT.
We headed to the Newton Cardinal Football Scrimmage. We joined a couple other families at the game, let the kids run around and play, and tried to watch the scrimmage. Not sure how many games Lee will actually take both kids to this fall!

SATURDAY.
We took a day trip to Dysart. We hung out with my mom, Grandma, my Aunt and Uncle, and our little cousin, Ava. It was a beautiful summer day! After playing at Grandma's for awhile, we decided it would feel great to take a dip in a pool. A neighbor of my Aunt and Uncles, was out of town. My cousin was in charge of housesitting and taking care of the pool. There were many times when I was a kid that Josh and I would swim in this pool with all of our cousins. Since I wasn't aware that we would be swimming on this day, I did not pack swimsuits or swim diapers. Brady swam naked and Tyler in his undies. It's okay! I also have swam in this pool in just my underwear as a kid! Lee was the "chosen one" to swim with the kids. They had great fun and loved jumping into Lee and being thrown up into the air.

Tyler, Ava, Brady, and Lee.
Tyler being thrown.
Brady's turn!

Tyler had to pee. Instead of going into the house wet, we used the easy way. Brady thought he'd try as well!

The kids playing on Uncle Kendall's golf cart.

After dinner at Grandma's, we went over to Kendall and Brenda's house. Brady helped himself to cherry tomatoes from the garden.

I made him show me each one before he popped it into his mouth to make sure it was a good one to eat.

We had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows for smores!




SUNDAY. (Morning/Afternoon)

We took the kids to Blank Park Zoo. It was a great day! Last year, we visited the zoo 3 different times. This was our one and only trip this year! HAD to squeeze it in! Checking out the tiger.



Up close look at the giraffes.

They loved the dinosaur exhibit.



I feel like they could have stayed all day to watch the otter swim in circles.



Tyler did great at riding the camel.

Our crazy man, Brady.

SUNDAY. (night)

We went over to our friends house for a Back to School Bash. We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed watching all of the kids play! Most of the kiddos on the playground.


This is a pretty good picture of all the kiddos, except Brady looks a bit sad. I think that Addie was trying to put her arm around him for the picture, but he did not want that!

' The Reynolds Boys'-Tyler and Brady, 'The White Kids'-Ella, Addie, and Ian, 'The Mattes Boys'-Adam, Caleb, Micah, and not pictured, Brennan, 'The Allen Kids'-Noah, Stella, and not pictured, Henry, Charlie, and Max, 'The Klein Kids'-Cody, Caden, and not pictured, Camryn.

5 Families. This picture shows 12 out of the 17 kids! YIKES!

The men and kids played baseball. I'm not sure who had more fun!

Tyler up to bat.

Waiting in line for their turn up to bat.

WHAT A TERRIFIC WEEKEND!!!

No comments: