Some major summer projects have been completed and they were all a lot of work!!!
Brady's big boy bedroom is now completed. I love how it turned out!
Brady's big boy bedroom is now completed. I love how it turned out! Lee and I worked as a team and we made the letters of his name. We did the letter project last summer for both Brady and Tyler. Lee cut out the letters with his handy dandy jigsaw and I painted them into a football, soccer ball, eight ball, basketball, and baseball. Underneath Brady's name, we have professional players, Starring: Brian Urlacher, Our very own, Matt Reynolds, and Lebron James. We just bought this dresser from craigslist for $20. Lee painted it black and then we bought the baseball hardware for the knobs.
Lee also made this black shelf on the wall. I saw it in Pottery Barn and asked Lee if he could make it, as Pottery Barn's price is outrageous! In the shelf is a football player and some great football pictures of Brady himself. Above the shelf is Uppercase Living wall decals.
All of these shelves have been in the 'nursery' since Tyler was a baby, but they were white. I painted them black and bought a new cubby shelf for some toys and books.
Brady loves his new big boy room!
Another big project for me was to finish another blog book. I have now completed a blog book for the year 2009 and 2010! The reason I started a blog was so that our family could see pictures and hear stories of our family by the click of a button on the computer. I now keep up the blog so well so that I can keep all of our memories and pictures in a book. We will have these books to look back on. We will always have these stories, pictures, and memories in a book.
I love it!
First off, I want to say, I'm not a scrapbooker! When Tyler was born, I was given a box of scrapbooking material to make a scrapbook for Tyler's 1st year of life. I was not that excited, but shortly after Tyler turned one, I made a trip to Iowa City and had my mom, Rita, and Michelle all help me make Tyler's 1st year scrapbook. It was fun and we all enjoyed it. Since I made one for Tyler, I knew that I also had to make one for Brady. Like I said, Tyler's was finished shortly after he turned one. I just finished Brady's in July, one month short of him turning 2! I did this scrapbook all by myself and am thrilled how it turned out! It was a lot of work and a lot of time! I am pleased that I have a scrapbook for their 1st year of life, but that's all they're getting!
The front of the scrapbook.
A HUGE project for Lee this summer was to get the outside of our house painted. He rented this thing (which I cannot remember the name of at the moment) to paint the house. In order for him to use this on the yard, the ground had to be completely dry. We had a week with no rain, so Lee called to rent this for a Sunday. They dropped it off on a Saturday afternoon. Lee had started on the house Saturday afternoon and evening, and then actually finished up and painted the whole house on that Sunday. It ended up being an incredibly hot and humid day, but he had no choice but to paint the house since we had this 'thing' rented for only the one day. I know that he is extremely glad that this project is finished and I am so happy with how the house looks! He does still have to paint the trim white, but we are waiting until things cool down a bit, so that will probably get finished this fall.
Lee also made this black shelf on the wall. I saw it in Pottery Barn and asked Lee if he could make it, as Pottery Barn's price is outrageous! In the shelf is a football player and some great football pictures of Brady himself. Above the shelf is Uppercase Living wall decals.
All of these shelves have been in the 'nursery' since Tyler was a baby, but they were white. I painted them black and bought a new cubby shelf for some toys and books.
Brady loves his new big boy room!
Another big project for me was to finish another blog book. I have now completed a blog book for the year 2009 and 2010! The reason I started a blog was so that our family could see pictures and hear stories of our family by the click of a button on the computer. I now keep up the blog so well so that I can keep all of our memories and pictures in a book. We will have these books to look back on. We will always have these stories, pictures, and memories in a book.
I love it!
First off, I want to say, I'm not a scrapbooker! When Tyler was born, I was given a box of scrapbooking material to make a scrapbook for Tyler's 1st year of life. I was not that excited, but shortly after Tyler turned one, I made a trip to Iowa City and had my mom, Rita, and Michelle all help me make Tyler's 1st year scrapbook. It was fun and we all enjoyed it. Since I made one for Tyler, I knew that I also had to make one for Brady. Like I said, Tyler's was finished shortly after he turned one. I just finished Brady's in July, one month short of him turning 2! I did this scrapbook all by myself and am thrilled how it turned out! It was a lot of work and a lot of time! I am pleased that I have a scrapbook for their 1st year of life, but that's all they're getting!
The front of the scrapbook.
A HUGE project for Lee this summer was to get the outside of our house painted. He rented this thing (which I cannot remember the name of at the moment) to paint the house. In order for him to use this on the yard, the ground had to be completely dry. We had a week with no rain, so Lee called to rent this for a Sunday. They dropped it off on a Saturday afternoon. Lee had started on the house Saturday afternoon and evening, and then actually finished up and painted the whole house on that Sunday. It ended up being an incredibly hot and humid day, but he had no choice but to paint the house since we had this 'thing' rented for only the one day. I know that he is extremely glad that this project is finished and I am so happy with how the house looks! He does still have to paint the trim white, but we are waiting until things cool down a bit, so that will probably get finished this fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment