Friday, February 24, 2012

JUST BECAUSE

These two, Brady and Cali, have quite the relationship.  They have the love/hate relationship that every 2 year old little boy should have with their puppy.  At the moment that I am writing this post, they are running around after each other.  I am hearing laughter and then a cry from Brady.  I am hearing a playful bark and then a wimper from Cali.  They love to play and harm each other.  Cali will be one year old next month, so she's still all puppy! 
In this picture, Cali was looking out the window at a dog that was walking by, and Brady was "playing dog" and decided to sit with Cali and also bark at the other dog outside.

As much as our kids love their dog, Cali, they still remember and miss our little Bailey.  In fact, tonight, Brady brought me the picture of Bailey.  I asked, "Do you remember who that is?"  He said, "Bailey."  And then he commented on how Bailey's tongue was out and laughed.  He also gave the picture a kiss and said, "miss you, Bailey."  It broke my heart! 
Tyler then commented from the other room, "Bailey was a better dog than Cali is."  I asked why and he said, "because Bailey didn't bite and Cali does."  I had to remind him that Bailey was old and that Cali is still a puppy.  She doesn't bite, she only nips when you are playing with her.  She will get better and she will be just as good a dog as Bailey was.

No comments: