Wednesday, February 15, 2012

OUR LITTLE VALENTINE'S

We really had a fun-filled Valentine's Day this year!  The boys loved it and Lee and I also got to enjoy it!
My mom was here last Thursday and Friday to stay home with the boys since we did not have daycare for those two days.  It was a good thing that she was here, because the boys and myself were sick all last week--it made for a really long week!
Anyhow, they were able to get their first Valentine's presents from Grandma Mary while she was here Wednesday night until Saturday morning.  She gave them each a new outfit, some candy, and a kid sized bags set, which they love to play!  She also gave Lee and I a gift card for Olive Garden for Valentine's Day, so that we could go out to dinner on Friday night and she could stay home with the kids.
Turns out, Olive Garden is an incredibly busy place on Friday nights.  It was a hour and 15 minute wait, that I wasn't going to wait for!  Luckily some friends of ours were also planning on going out that night just a couple minutes from the Olive Garden, so we met up with them and enjoyed a dinner and night out with them.
 Grandma giving the boys some Valentine fruit snacks.
 Tyler, with his best buddy, Grandma.  She does everything that these boys want her to.  She will play any game at any time, draw any picture, read any book, and is always 100% focused on the boys.  I'm pretty sure that she doesn't sit down and relax until the boys are tucked in bed at night.  Thank you, Grandma, for everything that you do!  We love you, Tyler and Brady 
 The boys playing their new bags set that they got from Grandma for Valentine's Day.
 They have actually gotten pretty good!
 Grandma and Tyler playing a game at the kitchen table.
 When we got home Tuesday afternoon, I let the boys open their Valentine's bags.  They each loved their musical card.  Brady's is Spiderman.  Whenever he opens it, he dances along!
 Tyler's card is Lightning McQueen.  It plays a song which he knows by heart, because it used to be the ring tone for my mom when she called me.  He loves this card and opens it frequently to sing along. 
 I got them each their own "police/racecar helmet."  I think it's whatever you want to make it!  Tyler's been running around the house pretending he's a racecar driver doing obstacle courses.  I wanted their valentine gifts to let their imaginations run wild.  They have done exactly that!
 Brady runs around the house in his helmet as well.  Pretty sure he just copies whatever Tyler does.
 The other thing I picked up for them was a mask.  Tyler has said that they are Spiderman and Batman.  They both think that they look very scary in these masks.  :)
I love how they are playing and being imaginitive with their new gear!
 I made the boys a heart shaped pizza.  They loved it!
Lee and I did our traditional Valentine's dinner.  We figured out that this was our 9th Valentine's that we have spent together and have spent having the same dinner.  We sit, talk, and enjoy steak, twice baked potatoes, sweet and sour green beans and a dessert.  This year was Angel Food cake with strawberries.  Delicious and perfect!
 Tyler had his Valentine's Day party at school on Wednesday.  He had a great time at his party.  His teachers painted a heart onto his cheek, so he wanted me to take a picture of it.
 Our candy basket was full by the end of the day on Tuesday.  It is now over-flowing since we have added the candy that Tyler brought home from his party today.
 Tyler painted me a picture for Valentine's Day.  He did all the painting and Lee added the names.  :)
Besides the painting I get to enjoy a one hour massage next Saturday and also received a flowering plant!
Little guy, Brady, enjoying a ring pop on his train table.

***I probably should mention, that we DO put Tyler in an outfit for the day.  However, the second he walks in the door from daycare, he changes into pajamas!  He loves his pajamas!

No comments: