Friends of ours, Josh and Alex, got married this past weekend on May 5th, in Highland Beach, Florida. This allowed Lee and I to take a weekend trip to Florida! It was wonderful!
We left Thursday afternoon, arriving to the hotel about midnight. We spent the weekend, sharing a room with, Luke and Jessica, which made for some very funny and memorable moments.
Thursday night gave us just enough time to meet up with everyone and have a couple drinks before heading to bed.
This is a picture of the groom, Josh, Lee, and Luke, when we first arrived to our hotel.
Friday morning began with Jessica and I going out for a run and Lee and Luke heading out for a little run of their own, to the liquor store. The houses that we ran past were unbelievable. They were million dollar houses that we were in awe with, making our run pretty fun.
After our runs, we met up and had breakfast, coffee, and cocktails at the hotel restaurant out on the patio, staring at the ocean and sitting in the sun. It was perfect!
We spent the entire day by the pool and in the water on Friday.
This is where we spent our two days. The pool, pool chairs, and some time in the ocean as well. You can see the ocean in the background of this picture.
This is Jessica and myself. We loved relaxing in the sun!
The rehearsal dinner was on a 3 story yacht. This was fabulous! We had a spectacular dinner on the lower level, drinks and music on the main level, and more drinks and conversation on the upper level. Our 3 hour yacht ride rode past more gorgeous million dollar houses. It was so relaxing being on that upper level under the sun/moon and enjoying the wonderful weather. I soaked it all in. However, Lee and Luke were over-served on this day, which made them have some frustrated wives. Luckily, Lee past out by 9:30, so we all ended up crashing pretty early.

This is Lee and I before boarding the yacht. The yacht that we rode on is the bigger of the two in the background.
Jessica and myself.
This picture was taken while we were cruising. We were up on the upper level.
The last time that Lee and I took a vacation, was our honeymoon, almost 6 years ago! This was a much needed weekend!
Saturday morning, after Jess and I got back from another run, we ventured out to Delray Beach and had an awesome breakfast at Luna Rosa. We were served the best bloody mary's! After breakfast, we shopped for a bit and got a couple small souvenirs for the boys.
THE THEME SONG!
I just want to say, that the "theme song" for the weekend was going to be 'We Are Young' by Fun. I was just thinking that with the crowd that we were with all weekend, that maybe someone would need to be "carried home." By Saturday morning, the theme song quickly turned to 'Too Late To Apologize' by OneRepublic. The song actually came on the radio Saturday morning in our hotel room after we got back from breakfast. Because of Lee's and Luke's behavior the day before, Luke thought that this song would be more fitting. Quite humorous, actually! Then the song switched again. It turns out that there was a girl at the wedding that resembled Adele. So, of course, MANY conversations began with "Rumour has it...." Therefore, I'm pretty sure the "theme song" that I will never forget from the weekend, would have to be 'Rumour Has It' by Adele.
Best bloody mary's! At $9.50 a piece, these guys had 2 each.
Jessica and I enjoyed our one yummy bloody mary as well. It really was delicious!
The rest of Saturday was again spent at the pool and in the ocean.
Here's Lee and I spending some time in the ocean. I'm making a crazy face and Lee doesn't even notice the camera, so not a great picture, but it was fun!
This is the patio that we sat on for breakfast, lunch, drinks. Each time that I sat there and enjoyed a meal, the view was breathtaking!
The wedding was on the beach right outside our hotel at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 5. The weather was perfect and the wedding was beautiful!
Lee and I right before the ceremony.
Beautiful!
Myself, Jessica, and Julia.
The wedding fell on the same night as the "super moon." We continued to watch the brightness of the moon throughout the night. Here is the moon in the background early on in the night.
CONGRATULTIONS to the happy couple, Josh and Alex!
Luke, Jessica, Alex, Josh, me, and Lee.
Boys being boys.
Kyle, Lee, and Luke.
This was such a great trip! I feel like these pictures don't do the trip justice. It was so nice to be away and enjoy some sun for 2 full days. 2 days doesn't seem long, but we woke up early and stayed up late, so they were two long days. It was the first time that I had ever spent more than one night away from the kids. Lee's parents took care of them for us at our house. I know they all had a good time, and I'm sure that Sam and Eula were fairly tired after a weekend with the boys. To make it a little less for Lee's parents, we had my mom take care of Cali while we were gone. So, thanks to my mom, Sam and Eula, for taking care of our kids while we enjoyed a much needed vacation!

















1 comment:
Now that looked like so much fun!!
Post a Comment