Sunday, June 24, 2012

CAMP OUT

We attempted our first night of camping out in the backyard this past Friday night and it was fun!
The boys helped Lee set the tent up, we had a fire with smores, fun running around in the backyard, and then bedtime stories.
When it was time to lay down and try to fall asleep, they did a good job at 'trying' to fall asleep, but neither of the kids succeeded.  It was hot!  There was also a race at the Speedway that night, so we could hear the race cars.  At 10:00, after I had already heard Lee snoring for awhile, I asked Brady if he wanted to go inside.  He quickly said 'yes' and we headed in.  About a minute later, Lee and Tyler came in as well.  We then all got a decent night sleep in our beds in our air conditioned house! 
They didn't stay the night in the tent, but they sure had a really fun night!
 Hanging out in the empty tent.
 Tyler won't eat an actual smores, but he does eat the chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker all seperate.
 And since Tyler was eating his smores ingredients seperate, so was Brady!
 The four of us around the fire.
 They did alot of playing and running around in the backyard while they were waiting for it to turn dark.
 My little, lovely, Brady and I.
 Brady and I went inside for a second.  While I grabbed something from the kitchen, he went upstairs.  When I got upstairs, I found him with his sleeping bag backpack on, his pillow pet, and he was putting his blankies into his Thomas the Train bag.  It was so cute.  He said, "now I'm ready to go to the tent!"
Tyler had come in to check on us so he grabbed his things as well.
 They are ready to get cozy in the tent.
Story time with my boys.

It might be awhile before we attempt this again!  :)

No comments: