Thursday, June 21, 2012

SWEET DREAMS

I absolutely love laying in bed with the kids at night.  They both are so sweet at this time of night and I usually get a little chuckle out of one or both of them every night.  These are times that I don't ever want to forget!
Tyler can talk and talk and talk when we are laying in bed.  His mind is going all over the place and he is thinking about any and everything.  I usually have to cut him off and remind him that we are supposed to be quiet and trying to rest in order to fall asleep.  Lately, Tyler has been very interested in being a grown-up.  The other night, he said, "Mom, when am I going to be a grown-up?"  I answered with that it was going to be awhile, and told him that kids get to have all the fun.  I brought up when we were at the I-Cubs game and that only kids were in the splash area during the game.  His reply back to that was, "but Dad got his head wet in the water!"  He got me there!  I guess Lee usually does do just about anything that the kids would!  I asked him why he was wanting to be a grown-up already, but he just giggled and wouldn't give me an answer.  Tonight, he was interested in when it was that he was going to lose his first tooth.  I have already told him a million times that it would be when he's either 5 or 6, so again, I gave him that same answer.  He is very excited to have a loose tooth in his mouth and even more excited for all his milestones in life!
Brady is a two-year old (almost three!) that is at a point where he is extremely attached to his mom.  Wherever I may go in the house, he says, "I go with you, Mom" and will follow me to wherever I may go.  This kid is by my side the entire day!  It's a good thing he's so sweet and cute!  This makes bedtime even better.  Tonight he put his arm around me, said, "Love you, Mom," and "Glad to be home, Mom."  It was so sweet!  He then turned his body the other way, but made sure to keep a hand on my arm at all times to make sure that I was still there and not going anywhere!  I also want to add, that the first thing he says after we are done reading a story, is "play (pray) Mom."  He then prays along with me, as we say the same thing every night.  I love it!

No comments: