Monday, November 30, 2015

2015 FALL RUN

11-7-15

Our 2nd Annual School Fall Family Run was a success! 

We had a much better morning for a run than last year’s windy, cool morning.  This year it was cool, but felt great while we were running, and there was no wind!  Tyler had mentioned that he wanted to run the 3 mile route with me a few days before the race.  I continued to tell him that he didn’t have to, but he was more than welcome.  I thought that even on the day of race, he might decide to do the 1 mile with Lee and Brady.  He proved me wrong!  All four of us started out together running the first 1/2 mile.  I loved watching both of them have fun on the obstacles and enjoying running!  Tyler and I left Brady and Lee to continue on the 3 mile route and told them we would see them at the finish.  I was so unbelievably proud of Tyler and his will to run 3 miles with me……for the first time!  He did great!  We had to take breaks to walk here and there, and he was extremely exhausted after mile 2, but he pushed through and we finished our first 3 mile run together!  Now, I’m just hoping that Brady and Lee do the 3 mile with us next year!

057

Before the race began the kids enjoyed the props and getting ‘into’ the picture frame.  Brady’s got the glasses and bunny ears, Tyler has the UNI Panther mask, Caden has the elephant trunk, and Camryn has the other set of ears.

058

Tyler and I out on our Cross Country run out in the woods.

061

Lee and Brady after the race.

063

Tyler and I after the race.  He looks exhausted, but still has a smile on his face!

We couldn’t hang around long after the race.  We had to get home and ready to leave for Cedar Falls to take the kids to the UNI football game!

No comments: