Wednesday, December 2, 2015

TYLER’S 8TH BIRTHDAY

Tyler is 8 years old and he acts just like an 8 year old!

His birthday was on a Saturday this year, so he had a jam packed full day of birthday fun from sun up to sun down!

He woke up to birthday balloons in his room and living room.  We then made him a birthday breakfast of birthday pancakes, eggs and bacon.  He was so excited for the day, that his excitement was just spilling out of him!

DSC_0712

DSC_0714

Our big 8 year old!

DSC_0715

I absolutely love this picture of Tyler.  It shows his age.  When I see this picture I see his caring, sweet, little boy self.  However, I also see the teeth (and missing teeth) and realize that he’s 8 and acts like an 8 year old.  And by that I mean that he talks back and gets attitude.  And after that attitude goes away, he always realizes that he’s done wrong and turns back into his sweet little caring self and quickly makes things better.  He also show’s that he’s an 8 year old by the jokes he tells, the laughing that he does when he hears bodily functions, or a joke having to do with a bodily function.  He finds the most inappropriate things to laugh at and will laugh and laugh and laugh, and will more than likely get his parents to laugh as well!   He’s something special!

DSC_0719

He got to open one present in the morning before his party.  He was given a set of 3 joke books.  He loves to tell jokes!

DSC_0721

118

He wanted a Harry Potter cake for his birthday.  He has read the first 4 Harry Potter books and will continue.  I decided to make a Quidditch cake with the snitch and then even added a broom.  I thought it turned out pretty good, but what mattered most was that Tyler LOVED it!

119

DSC_0722

DSC_0723

The weather on Tyler’s birthday was absolutely beautiful!  We spent so much time outside playing that day!  It was perfect!  Lee’s parents came into town for the weekend and Grandma Mary, Grandpa Freese, Josh, Liz, and Delaney came for the party.  Before lunch and before presents, we were all outside playing catch with the football.

DSC_0725

DSC_0726

DSC_0729

DSC_0730

DSC_0732

DSC_0736

DSC_0745

Present Time!

DSC_0754

Mega Nerf Gun from Grandpa Freese.

DSC_0755

Iowa Hawkeye’s pajamas, Bears pajamas, Chicago Bears Lego Football set, and Andes mints from Grandma Mary.

DSC_0757

DSC_0761

Money in the card from Josh, Liz, and Delaney and….

DSC_0764

Delaney liked it when Josh lifted her up to play with the balloons.

DSC_0765

also from Josh, Liz, and Delaney, he got a UNI football and kicking tee.

DSC_0767

DSC_0769

From Mom, Dad, and Brady he got some rollerblades.

DSC_0771

DSC_0774

DSC_0779

From Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds he was given a DS.

 

Tyler absolutely loved every gift that he was given that day and loved having everyone there to celebrate him.

DSC_0781

Grandma Mary got Brady a gift as well.  A very cool pop-up ball.

DSC_0784

Practicing on his new rollerblades!

DSC_0788

Cake time.

DSC_0790

DSC_0794

Delaney loved the cake!

After cake and ice cream we went back outside to play.  Tyler and Brady kicked, and kicked, and kicked from the kicking tee!

DSC_0797

DSC_0804

DSC_0808

And then they got some more skating time in.

123

124

126

Shortly after family left from the party, we took Tyler bowling.

130

132

138

And then we went out to dinner at La Cabana.  And if it’s your birthday, you get the hat and sung to.  He loves that!

140

142

143

144

Brady had to try out the hat as well.  And yep, he pretended he had maracas in his hands.  He’s too cute!

147

148

On our drive back home from bowling and dinner.  I got to be in the backseat with my birthday boy! 

I cannot say enough about how proud I am of this kid.  He truly is amazing.  And as much as he frustrates me, he makes my heart happy a million times more.  I know that this next year he will only be more of a big kid than what he is now.  But I love watching him grow up and wouldn’t change it for anything.  Happy 8th Birthday to Tyler!  I know he had a great fun-filled birthday day!

150

Since Sam and Eula were in town and the boys were going to be heading to bed, Lee and I left to go hang out with the Woollums’ for awhile.  Great time as always!

151

No comments: