Tuesday, January 5, 2016

BUSY DAY OF COOKIE MAKING AND GINGERBREAD BUILDING!

Sunday, December 13 was an incredibly busy day in the kitchen!

We started off the morning having fun building and decorating gingerbread houses.  I love doing this with the kids each year and I know that they love it as well!  This is a day I look forward to each Christmas season and I will cherish these memories!  Both of their houses turned out great!  I had let each of them choose which house kit they wanted to bring home.  Tyler chose a Peanuts house and Brady chose a Frosty the Snowman house.

DSC_0134

DSC_0135

DSC_0138

Tyler’s Peanuts house with Snoopy by the front door and another Snoopy on the roof.

DSC_0139

DSC_0141

DSC_0144

DSC_0147

DSC_0149

Brady’s Frosty house with Frosty right there at the front door.

DSC_0152

DSC_0156

DSC_0157

DSC_0158

It must have been a hard morning to get a decent picture of all three of us.  Tyler’s eyes are poppin’ in the first picture and you can’t even see Brady’s eyes in the second picture!  So, I added both.  :)

DSC_0159

After gingerbread house making, I moved into the kitchen and the boys went off to do their own thing until I called them back into the kitchen that night to do the sugar cookies.

I, however, stayed in the kitchen baking cookies and treats the entire day!  It was worth it, but my body was sore by the end of it all!  And all the cookies I made lasted through 3 Christmas gatherings, so I’d say it was a success!

DSC_0161

DSC_0163

DSC_0168

DSC_0169

No comments: