Monday, January 18, 2010

NEW THINGS

These boys do new things and reach new milestones daily! Our life and their lives seem like they change every month, week, and day. They grow up every day and seem older every minute. I love watching them every second that I am with them and love caring for them every second, minute, and day that I can.
Here's Brady holding his spoon and trying to get some of that rice cereal off and into his mouth all by himself!
They for sure have the same nose. And it's mine! YEAH!
Brady's first time being in the high chair.
(Remember that these pictures usually start with the most recent up top.)
Getting Brady ready to go in the mornings. He looks so cute in his stocking cap.
What a cutie!
Our little cutie is getting his TOP two teeth in. He is in pain and isn't sleeping as well. I'm sure that this is going to be quite the process. Right now we can see the teeth under the gum. They haven't cut the gum yet, but they sure are there!
This was Tyler's way of "baking noodles." Two weekends ago he grabbed these two trivets, cutting board and a spoon and brought them into the living room and set them up like this. He told us that he was going to bake noodles. The round trivet was the pot, and I believe that the cutting board and the long trivet were part of the stove. He would stir the noodles for awhile and then it was time to take the pot (round trivet) to the "oven." The first time he said this, Lee and I looked at each other and both were wondering where Tyler was going to make the oven be. He ended up choosing that the oven was underneath the ottoman. So, after stirring the noodles, he took the "pot" to the "oven." He would walk away and say "almost done." A second or two later, he walked back to the "oven" to take the "pot" out. He then took the "pot" over to the "sink" (which was a couch cushion) and dumped out the noodles. He would then use his spoon to feed Lee and I his wonderfully baked noodles! Our little pretend chef! I love it!
Tyler has actually been helping me out alot in the the kitchen lately. He loves to pour things into the mixing bowl that I have already measured out for him. He likes to sit up on the counter to see what's on the stove and enjoys looking through the oven door to see what's baking. A few short months ago, this was a disaster! Now he really does a great job at helping me and I love to have him in the kitchen with me!

No comments: