Sheets of ice covered everything. I wish I could have gotten a good picture of the trees. They looked beautiful, but they were covered with ice for 3 full days. There were many trees and branches down in town, the ice was just too heavy for them. It is a mess in our neighborhood and town!
If you look closely at the poles on the deck, you can see that there is about an inch of ice on the side of each pole. You can see the bush in the bottom of the picture. This is also how the trees looked.
This is what our windows looked like for most of the day on Wednesday.Because of so much ice, you can only imagine that we had many power outages. Our power flashed off 3 times on Wednesday. Each time, it scared Tyler (and myself). What was I going to do, home alone, if the power went out for an extended period of time? We would have no heat and I have these two little babies to keep warm! After Brady went to bed Wed. night, Tyler and I got all the candles from the house lit and found all of our flashlights.
I had such a big pit in my stomach the entire night. Luckily, it stayed on all night and we were with heat!
Thursday, schools should have just been a 2 hr. delay, but with 3 out of our 5 elementary schools without power, they had to cancel school again for the day.
Friday brings a terrifying story that I will share in the next post.

No comments:
Post a Comment