Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WHAT A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!

I had an amazing birthday weekend spent with family and friends.  Friday was the actual ‘big day.’  After work, my co-workers and I went out for a quick drink to celebrate.  My mom came into town Friday afternoon and picked the boys up from Lindy’s house.  We grilled out steaks and veggies for my birthday dinner—it was delicious!  The best thing about the weekend was that I was able to have some one-on-one time with Tyler, Brady, Lee, and my mom at some point.  Each moment spent with them alone was very special and a great birthday present!april21 011 My one-on-one time with Brady!

Brady “helped” me make my birthday cake.  He actually did a great job at mixing and pouring in ingredients, but he probably did the best at licking the batter off of the beaters!  :)  He lasted the whole time from beginning to end of making my birthday cake.  So special!april21 013 april21 025 My one-on-one time with Tyler!

My time with Tyler was spent on the soccer field.  It was extra special since he scored a goal!  We had a great time celebrating his victory!  So proud!april21 026 20130420_113324 Josh, Liz, my dad, and my mom were all there at Tyler’s soccer game to cheer him on.

After the soccer game we all went back to our house for an awesome birthday lunch out on the back deck.april21 031 The boys helped me blow out my candles.april21 033 april21 035 My one-on-one time with Lee!

Saturday night Lee and I got to spend a night out while my mom stayed home with the kids.  I walked down the stairs after getting ready to go out and both boys got huge smiles on their faces—it was the sweetest thing!  Tyler said, “Wow, Mom!”  And Brady said, “You’re beautiful, Mommy!”  I swear that I dress up pretty much every day to go to work, but I must have looked a little special that night.  :)

Lee and I enjoyed an awesome dinner at the Olive Garden and then a fun night at Blue Moon Piano Bar.  It was so nice to have a fun night out with Lee to celebrate my birthday!april21

And to top it off, I even got one-on-one time with my mom!

My mom and I spent all of Sunday in Des Moines shopping!  Awesome day!

I was so lucky to have all of those moments in just one weekend.  It was such a special birthday weekend!

No comments: