Sunday, August 9, 2015

BRADY GOES OFF THE DIVING BOARD!

Friday, August 7th, Brady went off of the diving boards for the first time!!!

Brady has not been able to successfully pass the swim test in Grinnell, however, hasn’t been able to go off of the diving boards.  While we were at the Newton Maytag pool on Friday, we found out that the swim test in Newton isn’t nearly as far to swim as the swim test distance in Grinnell.

So, Brady easily passed the swim test at Maytag and spent the rest of the day going off of the diving boards!  Our 5-year-old (almost 6!) was in heaven!

As soon as he got done with the swim test, we walked the board lines, but I told him that I wanted to go get my phone so that I could take a picture of the first time he went off the board.  So, I told him that he couldn’t go off until I got back.  As I was half way around the pool, I looked and saw him 1/2 way up the ladder to the high dive!  So, I stopped and watched him, from a distance, go off the high dive for his first time.  He wasn’t scared at all!  He got up there, walked out, and jumped right off!  This isn’t surprising, but I was still very proud!  By the time I got back, he had gone off the low dive as well.  :)

So, these pictures may not be from the very first time he went off of the board, but it’s one of the first!

IMG_2558

IMG_2560

IMG_2562

IMG_2567

IMG_2575

IMG_2580

He had fun on the low dive as well.  Here he was doing the ‘chicken dance’ as he was going off.

IMG_2586

IMG_2588

And even though he’s been able to go off the slides at Maytag Pool already, he didn’t forget about them and went down them a time or two as well!

No comments: