Monday, August 17, 2015

HE MET OUR GOAL!

On Monday, August 10th, the boys and I went over to the Grinnell pool for another summer pool day.  Brady had just passed the Maytag swim test the Friday before and had gone off the diving boards, so I was interested in seeing what Brady was going to decide to do since he hadn’t passed the Grinnell swim test yet.  Even on our way into the pool he told me that he would just wait until next summer to pass the test.  The swim test in Grinnell was swimming a full 25 meters.  He had tried and tried and always got so tired in the middle and would swim to the side.

It only took about 10 minutes at the pool with Brady watching other kids going off the diving boards, that he decided he wanted to try the swim test again!  Sam, his swim instructor, had a big goal for Brady this summer.  He really wanted Brady to pass the swim test.  Since Brady had already gone off the boards, he knew how much fun they were, therefore, he finally really wanted to pass the test and swim the full 25 meters!

And he did just that!  He did get tired and started swimming toward the side, but with the lifeguard cheering him on and Tyler and I at the end cheering him on, he continued and made it all the way to the end!

We were so excited for him!  And he was so exhausted!  After he got out of the pool, I bent down for a hug and ended up carrying him back to our loungers.  I set him down and he started crying.  Through the tears, he told me he was crying because he was so happy, but I truly think he was crying because of pure exhaustion.  Either way, it was pretty cute!

And then he and Tyler spent the rest of the afternoon going off of the diving boards!  And I had to send a text message to Sam to let him know that Brady met his goal!  The next day when we went back to the pool, Sam was there and Brady got to tell him about his swim test himself!

IMG_2617

IMG_2619

Almost to the end!

IMG_2621

Going up after Tyler.  I think Tyler was excited he passed so that he could always have a buddy to stand in line with.

IMG_2623

IMG_2625

Going off of the high dive first.

IMG_2627

IMG_2629

And being a big boy and swimming back to the edge of the pool.

IMG_2632

Ice cream was needed to celebrate Brady passing his BIG swim test!  So, after dinner we went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream treats outside.

IMG_2634

IMG_2635

I am so proud of my little guy and how hard he worked in swimming this summer!

No comments: