Last Monday was our first day of real snow and last Monday and last Tuesday, Lee and I made some equally stupid mistakes!
So, I thought I'd share those with you...
Monday morning I dropped off Tyler and Brady at daycare. She lives in the country and they have a longer driveway, that in the winter her husband snow plows with their truck and blade. Well, since winter had officially begun, they had moved the truck/blade from the side of the house to the part of the driveway that we use to reverse in so that we can leave the driveway going forward instead of in reverse. Well, I had seen the truck there, but after dropping the boys off inside, I had forgotten about the truck and reversed as normal. The next thing I hear and feel is a little boom! Yes, I had reversed right into the blade! Our bumper is plastic, so it really is just a little gash in the bumper. Nothing serious! But, I wasn't sure how Lee would react, so I called him right away and he didn't answer. I had called again later in the day and still...no answer. So, I e-mailed him at work. At the end of my day, he had still not e-mailed back. UH-OH! I called him after work and finally got through to him. He was not mad! I made it known that this is now out of my system and I am now completely aware of the truck and it will not happen again!
Tuesday evening was the worst snow storm! Lee had to work until 5:00, which is when the weather really started getting bad. He decided to go out and start his car and move it closer to the door of the building. Since his front window was iced over, he drove nearer to the building with the door open and his head sticking out so he could see. Well, after this car drives for a certain amount of distance, the doors lock automatically. Lee parked the car, got out, and shut the door. Guess what....he forgot to unlock the doors! So, now his car was running and the spare key is back at home. Luckily he has a friend at work who was also still there and was willing to bring Lee to Newton to get the key and then take him back to Grinnell. Please remember that this all happened during an extremely bad snow storm. So when it usually takes Lee 20-25 minutes to get home, it took a bit longer on Tuesday night. So he had the drive to Newton to get the key, then he had to go back to Grinnell and then he drove our car back home to Newton. I'm sure the car was pretty warm when he got in it finally. It had only been "warming up" for a good hour and 1/2.
I love that we both make equally stupid mistakes!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment