Monday, December 14, 2009

SNOW DAY #1

Tuesday, Dec. 8--Snow Day #1


This was at the end of the day after giving Tyler a hair cut. That is the reason for the bare skin!
I was only hoping for an early out day on Tuesday, but we were out the whole day. First snow storm and already one day to make up at the end of the year!

It is, of course, my choice to either take the kids to daycare or have them stay home with me. Well, since I drive them out to the country, and school's already cancelled, it's probably the safest for me to leave them home with me.
Dinner time. He ate all his dinner, so he was able to get a chocolate pretzal and a couple m & m's.
So, snow day #1 was eventful!
First thing in the morning...
Me: Tyler what do you want for breakfast?
T: candy bar.
M: No, you can't have a candy bar for breakfast. What else do you want for bfast?
T: ham.
So, Tyler ended up having eggs and ham for bfast. He's, however, not the only one that ate. Tyler now loves it if his stuffed animal Santa Claus or Frosty the Snowman can eat with him. Not only does one of them have to sit at the table, but they need their own plate, fork, and sippy cup. I pretend feed them and Tyler eats awesome! Do what you gotta do! On this Tuesday morning, Frosty ate with Tyler. At the end of breakfast, Tyler told me that Frosty wanted a candy bar. Smart kid. He tried again, but again got shot down. No candy bars for breakfast, but since he ate all his eggs and ham, he could have some fruit snacks. AKA--chewies! Good Boy!
Wearing his hat after being upset that he couldn't go out and play in the snow.
Since Tyler is so used to rushing in the morning and leaving the house so quickly, he was ready to put his coat and hat on. And since it was snowing, he wanted to wear his snow boots. Well, we tried to put his snow boots on, but they didn't fit. Too small! So, now, of course, he really wanted to go outside and since we couldn't, he got very angry and ended up wearing his hat for a good chunk of the morning. I told him that we would have to get him new snow boots from Wal-Mart before he could go outside and play in the snow. So, when Lee got home later in the day, he told Lee that he needed to go to Wal-Mart to get new snow boots. :) Tyler's vocabulary has really gotten HUGE!
Once I grab my camera...He grabs his!
With being at home with me and Brady, Tyler really tried to get away with things that normally he would not get away with. If he new he was doing something wrong and saw the look on my face, he put himself in timeout! It was hilarious and very awesome! "I go timeout," he would say and then he chose a spot to sit in and stayed there for a bit until he was all better. This is very funny, because we don't usually put him in timeout and he is never in timeout at daycare, so for him to do this on his own was quite entertaining. Connected to that...if he did something wrong and I got upset, I would tell him that if he did it again that he would get his butt spanked. He would reply, "no, Mommy, no," and then "I go timeout." Wow! :)
My sweetie!
So, with Brady growing up, he really is liking to be in his room where it is quiet and his sound machine is on, to take naps during the day. So, with only me home with both of them, Tyler is always one step behind me. He's my little shadow! When I go upstairs to put Brady down for a nap, Tyler says "comin', Mommy." And I always reply with, "of course you are, Tyler." On this Tuesday, it was challenging for all of us in Brady's room when Brady wanted it quiet and Tyler wanted to play. I sent Tyler to go play in his room and when he was gone for that one minute (and came back with a toy to play with in Brady's room) Brady was close enough asleep that I could put him down in his bed. The next nap time for Brady, Tyler was told that if he wasn't quiet while Mommy was putting Brady down for nap that he would get his butt spanked. The rest of the naps here on out have been silent and very peaceful! I WIN! Tyler still comes upstairs with me, but he sits in the little rocking chair and rocks back and forth just like I do until it's time to leave the room.

Snow day #1=success!

1 comment:

Makenzie said...

that is HILARIOUS!!! I love it!! :)