Friday, June 4, 2010

"OH TRAP!"

7 A.M. Thursday morning, I was putting the boys in their carseats. Brady was done, so I walked around to Tyler's side. Tyler had a toy in hand and it accidentally fell to the van floor. To my surprise, Tyler said,

"Oh, trap!"

I was shocked. Of course, he meant 'oh, crap', and of course that's much better than the alternative, but I was still taken by those words coming out of his mouth!

I told him that he should never say those words and that I don't every want to hear that come out of his mouth again. I was laughing out loud inside, trust me! It was so funny how he said it and how he said trap instead of crap, but I had to parent and NO 2 year old should be running around saying Oh, crap!

I was stumped on where he heard 'oh, crap.' There hasn't been any swearing in our house since Tyler started to talk. At times this is hard, but we've gotten used to it. I try to always say something different. Some of mine are, 'oh, crum', 'bummer', 'oh, crud', to name a few. You have to be creative!

Anyway, Lee said that Tyler has heard "oh, crap" from me. He said that I sometimes say it when I'm "in the zone" and cooking in the kitchen. He said that if I burn my finger or something is boiling over, that I usually let an "oh, crap" slip out.

OOPS! I'll have to make sure to watch my mouth next time!

No comments: