Sunday, February 23, 2014

MONKEY JOE’S

Since my mom was already in town to stay home with the boys last night, we decided that we would all take the boys someplace fun today (2/23/14).

It was the boys’ first trip to Monkey Joe’s in Des Moines and they loved it and pretty much ran and jumped and bounced for 2 hours straight!  It was amazing and not once did their smiles leave their faces. 

We first enjoyed a terrific lunch out at Chili’s and then on to Monkey Joe’s!

While my mom walked around with and watched the boys bounce, run, and play, Lee and I sat and relaxed and watched and smiled from a distance.  As much fun as the boys had, my mom, Lee, and I had just as much fun watching them.  There smiles and excitement were very contagious!

After Monkey Joe’s we made a quick stop at the mall for some ice cream and then headed home.

While we were at Monkey Joe’s, Brady came up to Lee and I and said, “You guys are the best!”  And when we got back home there were numerous times where Brady had mentioned how much fun the day was and was always wanting to thank Grandma and Lee & I.  He was a very thoughtful little boy and was so thankful for the fun day that we gave him.

At the end of this long winter, I am so glad that we were able to give them a day that was just for them!

mj 1

mj 5

mj 2

mj 4

No comments: