Wednesday, September 10, 2014

BRADY’S 5TH BIRTHDAY FESTIVITIES

I cannot believe that our youngest is five already!

This time is going so fast!  However, I am so proud of how they each have grown up to be wonderful boys and both their very own little person. 

Brady is a very smart, funny, and daring little boy who is enjoying his last year of preschool before coming to the ‘big’ school with Tyler and I.  And as much as I want time to slow down, I look forward to having both of them at school with me!  And as much as I have loved each and every stage of these past 7 years of our lives, there are so many things that I am enjoying with having both of my boys ‘grown up’ and more independent.

We celebrated Brady’s birthday with our family on Sunday, August 17th.  We went to Adventureland the day before, so after Adventureland everyone just came back to our house to spend the night that Saturday night.  It was fun to have everyone here!

We woke up Sunday morning to a breakfast of cinnamon rolls, yogurt, and fruit.  Shortly after breakfast Lee, Sam, and my dad took the boys to a park, while my mom, Josh, Liz and Delaney, and I stayed back and were able to finish up food and decorating for the party.

We had a great lunch and a fabulous day!  Brady was more than thrilled with his day and the excessive amount of attention that he received from all of our family!

DSC_1011

Brady wanted to have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday so I made him a TMNT cake!  Leonardo was the Turtle of choice for the cake.

DSC_1004

Birthday boy enjoying his breakfast on Sunday morning.

DSC_1008

Delaney eating her breakfast.

DSC_1014

DSC_1015

DSC_1016

Look how happy and excited he is before opening his presents!

DSC_1018

He received many awesome gifts!  A flying Michelangelo from Josh, Liz, and Delaney.

He was given a Turtle shell and a Turtle Car from Sam and Eula.

DSC_1019

A beyblade stadium and beyblades from Grandma Mary.

DSC_1023

A turtle mask from Grandpa Freese.

DSC_1026

Time to battle!

DSC_1028

Ready to blow out his ‘BRADY’ candles.  Thought it was a good year to do that since there are 5 letters/candles!

DSC_1029

DSC_1032

I just love to see how happy they are!!!

DSC_1034

DSC_1039

Brady with Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds.

DSC_1040

Brady with Josh, Liz, and Delaney.

DSC_1042

Brady with Grandma Mary.

DSC_1044

Brady with Grandpa Freese.

DSC_1046

Our picture out by the summer corn in our backyard.  Love this!

DSC_1046

We were so lucky to have everyone here with us to celebrate Brady’s 5th birthday!  He had such a amazing day!

Monday, August 25th, 2014

Brady’s birthday fell on a Monday this year.  He woke up to birthday balloons in his bedroom and outside of his bedroom door.  I absolutely love birthdays, celebrating birthdays, buying presents for birthdays, making food for birthdays, decorating for birthdays, etc.  I especially love making the birthday person feel special beyond words!

Brady had a great day at home and at daycare on his birthday!

DSC_0012

He’s 5!

DSC_0015

A birthday breakfast for the special day!  Birthday pancakes, sausage, and strawberries.  Even candles to blow out!

DSC_0017

DSC_0018

I also made him birthday cupcakes on Sunday night for him to take to daycare on Monday.  He had a great time celebrating his birthday at daycare!

DSC_0021

When Lee got home from work we were able to have him open up presents.  He loved everything and was so excited!

DSC_0029

DSC_0034

DSC_0037

From Tyler, Lee, and I he got a new bike helmet, a new Nike sweatshirt (he LOVES hooded sweatshirts!), Michael Jordan ‘big’ socks (he LOVES Jordan and really wanted some tall socks!), a Iowa Hawkeyes stocking hat, a TMNT floor puzzle, a TMNT book, and 2 new X-Box games.  Plenty of new things for the birthday boy! 

DSC_0038

As soon as the presents were done and I made him take a picture with his presents, Brady chose which X-Box game he wanted to play and quickly he and Tyler were on the couch playing away.

DSC_0041

A birthday day family picture.  I remember exactly what this picture looked like 5 years ago!  We were staring at our 1 year old kissing our newborn baby boy!  And now we have a 5 year old and 6 year old!  Time flies!

DSC_0042

Since I had already made a Turtle cake the weekend before and cupcakes the day before I chose to drive him to Dairy Queen on Monday afternoon to pick out his very own ice cream birthday cake!  We ended up buying a yummy Avengers ice cream cake and he loved it!

DSC_0045

DSC_0047

DSC_0048

And he had to go to bed with his Jordan socks on! 

Happy Birthday to our little love, Brady!  He is absolutely the sweetest, funniest, little boy!  I’m so glad that he got to enjoy his day!

No comments: