Sunday, December 29, 2013

DELANEY ANN FREESE

dec 26 040

Delaney Ann was Born at 8:59 p.m. on Thursday, December 26, 2013!

dec 26 038 

Shortly after the boys and I had gotten inside from playing out in the snow Thursday afternoon, Liz called to tell me that her water broke and her and Josh were on their way to the hospital.  If I could have picked up and gone to Cedar Falls right then, I would have.  However, since the boys were with me and Lee had to work the next day, I held off and decided to wait to leave until morning with the boys.

After the boys were put into bed Thursday night, I was on the phone with my mom while she and my dad stood right outside the door of Josh and Liz’s hospital room.  It was torture to not be there!

And, at 8:59, I finally heard my mom say that there was laughter and relief happening on the other side of that hospital room door.  And after knowing that this baby girl was born, I let my mom go enjoy the moment inside the room with Josh, Liz, and my dad.  Everyone is so happy!

The boys and I took off right away Friday morning to go see Delaney, Josh, and Liz at the hospital.  We were all so excited! 

dec 26 003

She is the most beautiful baby girl and we are so happy to have her as a niece/cousin!

dec 26 001

It turns out that Tyler is absolutely in love with his little cousin Delaney!  He held her for most of the time that we were at the hospital on Friday. 

My mom and I took the boys out to lunch after being at the hospital Friday morning.  While at lunch, Tyler said, “I can’t wait to go back to the hospital and hold Delaney!”

dec 26 005

dec 26 006

The boys have their very first cousin and they are extremely in love with her!

dec 26 012

Grandma with her grandkids.

dec 26 013

Grandpa with his grandkids.

dec 26 015

My boys and my beautiful niece.

dec 26 016

Me and Delaney.

dec 26 017

I did get to hold her for a little bit and gave Tyler a little break.  But he didn’t go too far!

dec 26 022

dec 26 029

dec 26 037

Brady has been the one that has been so excited for Baby Freese throughout Liz’s pregnancy.  He would give Liz’s belly kisses, he would talk of baby Delaney A LOT, he would always question as to when the baby would get here, but on the day when he actually got to see baby Delaney, it took him a little bit to warm up to her.  He did however ‘warm up’, and was happy to hold her and give her kisses.

dec 26 034

dec 26 041

dec 26 046

Birth: Nailed It!  Good Job, Delaney!  We are so glad you did!

dec 26 050

Once again, Tyler holding her before we could leave.

dec 26 051

Grandma Mary with her first granddaughter.

dec 26 058

We always drive past these wind turbines when we travel to Cedar Falls.  Some people think they make a place look ugly, however, the boys love to watch them and I think they are pretty darn cool.  I had to take a picture of them on our drive home Friday afternoon.  It was a beautiful winter day.

We drove back to Cedar Falls on Sunday (today) so that Uncle Lee could meet his new beautiful niece.

dec 29 006

The happy Uncle with his little sweetie.

dec 29 009

And we weren’t really sure if we were even making the trip to Cedar Falls today.  But, Tyler woke up this morning and said, “I hope we can go to Josh and Liz’s today to see Baby Delaney!”

We couldn’t say ‘no’ to that!

dec 29 011

dec 29 016

dec 29 013

dec 29 019                       

Grandpa Freese was at Josh and Liz’s today as well.  Here’s Grandpa holding his lovely granddaughter.

We are in love with Baby Delaney with all of our hearts and cannot wait to see her again.  This next 3 weeks is going to take awhile!

No comments: